We believe we have worked out most of the challenges we have had with keeping the field open/unlocked during the day. The plan is for the field to be open every morning, Sundays after Mass and stay open until sunset or the last practice/game scheduled that day. During winter and bad weather that schedule may vary slightly.
Field Usage Priority
Moving forward we will schedule/reserve field time for organized functions based upon the following priority:
- HR Church & School Activities
- HR CYO Games
- HR CYO Team Practices
- HR Intramural Games (i.e. flag football)
- HR Intramural Practices & Clinics (i.e. flag football, little kid soccer,…)
- HR General Use (We want to make sure there is a block of time everyday that is open for the HR youth to use the field.)
- Other Teams — Note: depending upon the season there may be very limited spots available for other teams. The requirements that must be met for other teams to use the field are listed below):
Requirements for Non-HR Teams
All non-HR teams must meet the minimum requirements below and apply to use the field. The application form can be found and submitted on-line via: www.hrathletics.com
- The parent/sponsoring organization for the team must have a minimum of $1MM in Liability Insurance (i.e. MSI, Maplewood,…).
- The head coach of the team (as designated on the official roster) must be an HR parishioner or HR teacher. This person must be on the field at all times or another HR parishioner in their place when not available. It is unacceptable to “proxy” request field time for a non-HR team and represent yourself as the coach but not actively participate on the field.
- All coaches must have met all requirements for the Archdiocesan Child Protection Policy.
- 50% players must be HR parishioners – Note: Higher priority will be given to teams that have a higher percentage of HR players. In order to maintain some open field time for the parish, this restriction has been set.