Guide to Basketball
Holy Redeemer offers two basketball programs for: CYO basketball for 3rd-12th grades and intramural basketball for 1st and 2nd grades.
Please note that the tryout schedule for both JV and Varsity Boys on Thursday, October 17th has been changed.
NEW UPDATED TIMES
New Time** JV Boys 10/17 – 6pm – 7:30pm
New Time ** Varsity Boys 10/17 – 7:30pm – 9pm
All signups are handled online using the SportsPilot system and can be accessed through the HR Athletics website – www.hrathletics.com.
- Registration Deadlines:
- High school – November 12, 2019
- JV/V – October 15, 2019
- Rookie – November 12, 2019
A $25 late fee will be assessed after all deadline dates.
- Boys & Girls in grades 3rd-12th who are HR students or registered members of the Holy Redeemer Church are eligible to play.
- Holy Redeemer is a “play your grade” parish.
- High schoolers who do not play organized basketball for their high school are eligible and welcome to join an HR CYO high school level team.
- Registration fees: U10 Rookie $150, 14U Varsity & 12U JV $180, 16/18U $150 per player (NO TEAM REGISTRATION FOR HIGH SCHOOL THIS YEAR. NO EXCEPTIONS)
- Uniform Deposit – $75 payable to “HRAC” 3rdh– 8th grades only). BRING TO EVALS
- Skills Evaluations are for 5th – 8th grade only and are held at the field house at Georgetown Preparatory School.
- Only those that have registered and paid online will be evaluated.
- Any questions or concerns should be directed to Vinnie Morin at email@example.com.
Skills Evaluation Schedule:
|U14 Varsity Girls (7/8th Grade)||Tue 10/15 6:00-7:30 pm||Wed 10/23 7:30-9:00 pm|
|U14 Varsity Boys (7/8th Grade)||Thurs 10/17 7:30-9:00 pm||Mon 10/21 7:30-9:00 pm|
|U12 JV Girls (5/6th Grade)||Tue 10/15 7:30-9:00 pm||Wed 10/23 6:00-7:30 pm|
|U12 JV Boys (5/6th Grade)||Thurs 10/17 6:00-7:30 pm||Mon 10/21 6:00-7:30 pm|
- ALL participants must attend at least ONE of the skills evaluations to be eligible to play on a Holy Redeemer team. To be considered for an “A” team, it is strongly recommended that you attend both tryouts.
- To be considered for an “A” team, you must be willing to commit to CYO basketball as your primary sports obligation, otherwise, the spot will not be held for you.
- The evaluators and coaches will place each player based upon their evaluations and coaches may have discretionary decisions over 2-3 spots on the roster in order to create the most competitive team. Everyone who participates in the evaluations will be placed on a team at Holy Redeemer.
First and Second Grade Intramural Basketball (at HR HYA!)
- Boys & Girls in 1st and 2nd grade who are HR students or registered members of Holy Redeemer Church are eligible to play.
- The program runs Saturday mornings from 9 am – 10:30 am for BOYS and 10:30 am – 12 pm for GIRLS,
- The program begins January 4, 2020 in the HYA.
- Registration fee: $50 which includes a t-shirt.
- Parent volunteers are needed to help run the program.
- Any questions or concerns should be directed to Brendan Manfreda at firstname.lastname@example.org
The first few weeks will be clinics with drills and instruction. After that, teams will be formed and the focus will be scrimmaging.